Is it possible to have a stool of miniature size pieces without having an important physical problem?

ENT Specialist
I should have followed yesterday with this question, but I didn't think of it. Anyway, following a period fasting and constipation my stool has been small in size for about 10 days. The pieces are well formed, odorless, as good looking as ever but they are small in size. They look miniature. My question is, "Is it possible to have a stool of miniature size pieces without having an important physical problem?
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 15 minutes later

Hello, I am Dr Ravinder Sharma.

It is quite obvious that your this problem is related with fasting and decreased intake. Decrease in the size of stool is bound to give problems of altered bowel habits, constipation and faecal impaction. Too much of pressure while passing these stools can aggravate your problem of haemorrhoids. I would advise you for a adequate water intake (8 to 10 glasses of water a day) fibrous diet and more of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and salad in your diet. I would also advise you to XXXXXXX surgeon for the management of haemorrhoids.

I hope this answers your concerns. Do write back if you have more queries.

With regards
Ravinder Sharma