Ask a Homeopath   »  

Is it possible to get off bp medicine? Suggest any natural or alternative medicine

Feb 2013

Is it possible to get off my blood pressure medication? I would like to be on a natural regiment more in line with homeopathy or any other alternative medicine.

Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

High blood pressure usually requires life long medication to control it and to maintain it in normal or near normal range.

If the blood pressure is not controlled it will lead to heart problems, brain stroke, kidney, and eye problems.

Therefore I advise you to continue the blood pressure medication-Diovan in a appropriate dosage as advised by your doctor.

In other alternate medicine, the scientific evidence is lacking in the medication usage for high blood pressure.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.