Is it possible to get male child by IUI?

i need male baby is it possible by iui . and can you suggest me some scan center in chennai (india - tamilnadu) where they will tell the gender. i am ready to spend what ever it costs
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
The chance to conceive baby boy is entirely natural and no one can decide the sex of the baby. The sex of the baby depends on the chromosome fertilized whether X or Y and that cannot be controlled by anyone as it depends on which one sperm swims and fertilizes fast so it entirely depends on the sperm.

Now coming to artificial methods like IUI - In that also only the sperms are placed in the womb but that also is a chance which one is fertilized as by just seeing it cannot be calculated which one is X or Y.
Under the PCPNDT Act, it is illegal in India to identify the sex of the baby and to convey it to anyone. I do not think any scan center would violate the rules.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.