Is it possible to get HIV by hand job?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi doc,

I've got a question regarding HIV transmission. Is it possible to get it by hand job? Last 17 days i visited a massage parlor. I had a massage and hand job. The masseuse which i don't know of her health status rubbed the tip of my penis and stroke my penis using massage oil. The light is dim and i couldn't see whether or not her hands got a cut or something. If she had previous customer with HIV positive, and if she didn't wash her hands properly when giving me hand job, will HIV transmit by getting in my urethra when she was rubbing the tip of my penis with her hands? As far as i know i have no cuts or sores around my genital areas. Thats all doc. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Hi Wolffang,

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Among all type of sexual activities, hand job is the safest. HIV transmission is negligible with hand job.
Even if she is HIV positive woman and if she had a cut over her fingers, then also the chance of HIV transmission is negligible only. Likewise if she handled a HIV positive partner previous to get engaged with you also, the chance of HIV transmission is only remote as she would already washed well her hands.
We, doctors are handling many HIV positive patients with bare hands. If we always use gloved hands, it will make them get a feeling of discrimination. So we are used to examine the with bare hands as far as possible. Even after 20 years of handling HIV patients, we didn't get any HIV infection. So you need not worry about HIV through the hand job done by your masseuse.
Have a great day.
DR S.Murugan