Is it possible to find out exact date of conception?

May 2013
Hi, I recently had a dating scan and was told I am 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Does that mean I conceived 7 weeks ago or 5 weeks ago? Thank you! I need to know the date to figure out who the father is... My last period was on Aug 4th, and it only lasted 4 days. I had sex with one guy from Aug 9th till 13th, and another on the 21st. Is there anyway I could figure out who the father is. My dating scan was done on Sept 26th.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

Gestational age is usually calculated from the last menstrual period.
Means your gestational age is 7 weeks 1 day according to scan and 7 weeks 5 days according to dates from Aug 4th.
Ovualtion will usually occur around 14th to 16th day of menstrual cycle in case of regular periods with 28 to 30 days duration, and that is the time when the woman will conceive.
So as your last menstrual period was on Aug 4th, in case of regualr periods with 30 days duration possibly ovulation might have occurred around 21st.
Then there is more possibility for the second person to be the father.
If your cycle is of shorter duration means 24 days cycle then possibly the first person might be the father.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.