Is it possible to extract sperms from a dead person's body?

I need sperm extracted from my dead husband's body. He's in Alaska. Is there any possibilities?
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Sperms are formed and produced in the testes. But sperms are very delicate cells and will be alive only as long as there is blood supply to the testes. When a person dies, blood supply stops to all organs, including the testes. So, the sperms die once the person dies.

So, I'm sorry to inform you that it is not possible to extract viable sperms from a dead person's body. I hope you understand.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist