Is it possible to detect abortion pill through common lab tests?

Mar 2016

hi my hubby n inlaws wants a child n I had a one month married life n I m pregnant I dnt want baby rite now if I take abortion pill n shows it happened natural miscarriage .is this possible through any test that I have taken pill
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. Medical abortion can be done successfully up to 7 weeks of gestational age with abortion pill. However, self administration of abortion pill is not recommended. It is NOT possible to detect the pill through common lab tests. But, you may present with adverse effect of the pill or features of abortion. The abortion procedure is associated with several risks and complications like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, excessive vaginal bleeding, fainting etc. It can't be controlled by yourself at home. Therefore, I suggest to consult with local GYNECOLOGIST or Healthcare provider for safe termination. Supportive medication like pain killer, anti-emetic etc may be required to reduce the side effects. This process can be done at home if you consult once with local doctor as you require follow up examination after 2 weeks to confirm that the abortion is completed. One pelvic ultrasound scan may be required to check retained bits if any. Around 5% women needs D & C or suction (surgical method) to evacuate the uterine cavity. To summarize, you must contact with local gynecologist for emergency purpose and proper advice on follow up visits. Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Is it possible to detect abortion pill through common lab tests? 1 hour later
I met local dr here in delhi she gave me that medicine .but I m scared that if my inlaws found that I take that pill to terminate my pregnancy than it wiil b too panic for me I m muslim n my inlaws r too orthodox .that's my big problem .I have to show that it is miscarriage not abortion.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your response. If you consult with your local doctor, then you can take abortion pill as direction for safe termination of very early pregnancy which mostly resembles with natural miscarriage with less complication. Don't be worried much. Good luck and all the best. Regards, Dr Soumen