Is it possible to change the skin color forever?

Question
is it possible to change the skin color for ever?
I have a normal white skin an almost dark eyes and hair.I get tanned in solarium but I have got lots of freckles due to that.I search a solution to get brown permanently.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,

Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your color is related to your genetic constitution.
There is no way by which you can get a brown color permanently.
You can maintain it with controlled exposure to sun.
The freckles also become darker due to exposure to light.
I would advise to decrease the time of exposure at a time rather increase the frequency of visits to solarium to cut down pigmentation of freckles.
Optionally you can guard the freckles with a sunscreen prior to solarium visit.
You can get the same results with less freckles if you exercise and sweat in soft sun of mornings and evenings- say thrice a week for around 30 minutes exposure a day.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Is it possible to change the skin color forever? 19 hours later
Dear Dr Choudhary
thanks for your explanation.that was somehow convincing. But I have heard that there are pills or such kind of things that help to turn browner.is it right?or are they healthy? I have another question as well. is it possible to remove the dark spots and freckles with laser or surjury or what ever? I also have some white breaks on my breast.can i remove them with laser?or any other treatment?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physicians!
There are medicines that can be taken orally- they are called psoralens.
They are photo-sensitizers for melanocytes and accelerate the pigmention and freckling would be more with them.
They are relatively safe bot you should not go in open sunlight for long.
Freckles can be removed with laser but they will come back after some months.
The breast is a covered area so the white streaks should not be a problem for you.
I think the advise would be helpful for you.

If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.

And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to post your view in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Wish you a great XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Is it possible to change the skin color forever? 2 days later
Hi Dr

many thanks for your advises. do you think that I can use : 1- normal sun cream and 2- anti pigmentation cream , just before getting a solarium tan? or can I mix them with a solarium cream?because many people say that one can use just solarium specified cream inside the solarium. but i wanna decrease getting the brown spots on the neck for example.can I use an anti pigmentation cream and the normal sun cream for that aim? and if not what kind of protective cream can I use?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
You can get the sunscreen preparations from many good companies, all are equally effective, you can choose the most economical one.
Anti Pigmentation creams make the skin vulnerable to solarium radiation so apply them after the solarium when you come back home.
Do not mix creams- they may be incompatible and there can be a reaction of component chemicals.
You can use anti-pigmentation cream and the normal sun screen cream from a reputed pharmacy company.

And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to express your feelings in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Wish you a great XXXXXXX