Is it possible to change my ovulation dates?

Hi, Can I change my ovulation dates? Reason being we are trying to fall pregnant but ive tracked my ovulation dates and its when my husband is away at work every month? He works 1 week home 1 week away, so I only need to move it 5 days for when he is at home. Thanks
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not accurately Detailed Answer: Hello, Ovulation dates can only change if your menstrual cycle changes. And that can only happen naturally. If you use medication to change your menstrual dates, not necessarily will ovulation happen, unless your pattern changes normally also. What you can try to do, is delay your next cycle by a few days, and hope the dates remain changed in the following cycles. You can take medroxyprogestrone actate 5mg twice a day 5 days before your next cycle is expected. Stop the medication after 5 days of taking it. Hopefully your period will come withing a week of stopping the medication. When your period come, follow your ovulation dates again. Its possible you may not ovulate after taking medication. But you should in the following cycles, if your dates remain the same. Most people get the period within 2 weeks after stopping medicines. It can differ from person to person.