Is it possible to be pregnant though the urine pregnancy tests are negative?

I was due my period Monday which would be a 27 day cycle. I am like clockwork every month however this month on day27 I just got slight brown discharge (my period is usually very heavy). Now I am on day 31 still no period and still have brown discharge. I have done 2 first response tests which came upvery faint and a clearblue digital test which came up not pregnant.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later
Hi Bundles ,

Thanks for your query,

Well here I would consider the pregnancy to be the first suspection to be ruled out as the tests you have taken till now have given faint results. May be the HcG levels in you are not built up to he level where they can be dignosed by the home tests.Hence i would suggest you to go for a blood HCG test as its more sensitive than the urine tests.

The other possible cause in you i could think of is hormonal imbalance which could be due to variuos causes most common being stress and nutritional factors.This can be considerd to be ruled out if the blood HCG levels is negative.Then you may be needing consultation with a gynecologist and examination to confirm the cause.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.