Is it possible to be infected with any STD in case of heavy petting with no oral or vaginal sex?

I had an intimate encounter with a woman 2 months ago. No oral or vaginal sex. It was a heavy petting session using our hands. However, there was a moment for about 3 or 4 seconds where she rubbed her genitals against mine. I'm going later in the week to see my doctor for STD testing, but I tend to be obsessive and I am torturing myself worrying. What is the likelyhood that I caught an STD like chlamydia, ghonorrea or herpes? Please help.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

Just a skin to skin contact for only 3-4 seconds is not likely to transmit any STDs unless there were visible sores or herpetic lesions on her genitals.

On the other hand, herpes can be transmitted by kissing - though the likelihood is less again.

Gonorrhoea and chlamydia are least likely to be transmitted the way you are telling.

Still it is best to have the screening tests done to remove the doubt completely.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.