Is it possible to analyze the patency in case of sex with multiple partners?

I have a friend who is pregnant and shes very scared bc she doesnt no who she is pregnant by her last period was on feb 4 2011. she had sex with her boyfriend on feb 14 and 15th but on feb 20th she had sex with some one else... she says her period comes around 29 -30 days.... is there a way she can have an idea of who the baby daddy might be? i feel so bad for her... i told her i think it may be the other guys and not her boyfriends

I asked this question earlier but she also told me to add that when she had sex with her boyfriend both days he took it out when he was about to ejaculate... but when she slept with the other guy he took it out also except her and him had sex 3 times that day they would stop after he ejaculated then hed wait 10 mins and they did it again ..but 3 times... i figured since they had sex 3 times that day and altho he took it out maybe there was still a little bit of sperm still left on it and thats how she got pregnant!
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later

At the first it is not possible to have any idea about the person who is responsible for making her pregnant. Because taking into consideration that she is having a she is having about 30 day cycle (as they are with most woment), the most fertile days for her are between 11 days to 17 days. This is a logical calculation and not completely reliable. And deciding patency only based on this calculation is not reliable too.

Moreover, what ever method is used for relations once it is penetrative, it does not matter whether your partner withdraws before complete ejaculation or not. Because of in many cases the pre cum contains sperm, which may be in small quantity and can lead to pregnancy.

Only way one can know the father of child is by genetic study of child and simultaneous testing of blood of your friend and the suspected partners, which I think is not feasible now.

I would also like to comment this here. Please pass on this message to your friend as it is important. Her behavior is risky. Having multiple partners and having relation with them without proper precautions is a very risky practice. She may end in lots of trouble apart from pregnancy (which she ready has). Please pardon me if you do not like this, but as a doctor it is my duty to make you aware about the risk involved.

Feel free to ask if have more queries. I will be happy answering them.