Is it possible that period happens without ovulation under the influence of medicines that I am taking?

I have a PCOD problem for 8 years. I am on medication and my periods are regular. is it possible that period happens without ovulation under the influence of the medicines that I am taking?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. I need further information so that I can answer your question: Currently what medications you are on? Since when you are taking these medication? How irregular your periods are? clarify its frequency of periods and duration of flow? Are you married and trying for baby? Have you undergone hormonal evaluation i.e FSH (follicular stimulating) LH (leutinizing hormone), thyroid function test, serum prolactin levels? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: Is it possible that period happens without ovulation under the influence of medicines that I am taking? 2 minutes later
I am on homeopathic medicines since 3 years and my periods are regular with a cycle of 30 days and they last for 7 days. yes I am married and trying for a baby also. I have not undergone any of the test above.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Regular periods indicate regular ovulation. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for the reply. As you are getting regular periods, it means definitely there is regular ovulation. Without ovulation it can lead to ANOVULATORY periods, where there is no regular release of ovum. I still doubt you have PCOS, because to diagnose PCOS there should be irregular periods, scan showing poly cystic ovaries and hormonal evaluation is abnormal. As you are taking Homeopathic medicines, its difficult to comment on that. As you are trying for baby, I suggest you to consult a OBGY specialist, they might advise you hormonal evaluation which I mentioned you earlier, also semen analysis of your husband. After clinical and blood evaluation you might be given medication for ovulation induction. Kindly have sexual intercourse during the fertile period i.e day 12 to day 16th of menstrual cycle. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!