Is it possible that blood trace hematuria be the initial stage for diabetes?

Is it possible that blood trace H (hematuria) be the initial stage for diabetes. I was 25 when the initial trace was found and now I'm 48 with diabetes. My first doctor visit to be diagnosed I believe was at the age of 28 or 29. I'm trying to link this to my diabetes after knee surgery before I was medical discharged from the military which they have denied the claim.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 6 hours later

Haematuria is NOT 'the initial stage for diabetes'. And that too, before two decades can never be. It can occur several years AFTER diabetes due to complications.
Diabetes is mostly from inherited base - influenced by environmental factors. It could rarely be acquired also - example pancreatitis, injury etc.
Forget the past / concentrate on the present - its control / plan for the future - postponing, preventing complications...

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Good luck