Is it possible receive a prescription for zoloft on-line?

Is it possible to receive a prescription for Zoloft online? (I had a prescription for it years ago, and it worked like a charm for my (moderate) depression. It did so without negatively affecting my health in any way. I'd like to resume using it, but would prefer the privacy and convenience of an online consultation/prescription to the inconveniences of going to a doctor's office.)
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Zoloft is a prescription only drug.

I am sorry we currently have no legal support to prescribe medicines online. The scripts that an online physician writes are not accepted at your local pharmacy. It is not yet recognized by the American Telemedicine association norms. This is because any pharmacy should enter the physician licence number before dispensing the drugs.

Also, since I haven’t physically examined you, it is inappropriate and unethical to prescribe you scheduled drugs that you can order online. I am bound by the rules of law to not to give any online prescriptions. Hence you will have to see the physician for the medicine that you require.

Sorry for not being to be of assistance to you at this point of time.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.