Is it possible for seizures to occur during menstruation only ?

hello doctor :), i think I stumbled upon seizures one day.(mirena) and now after having the seizures for only 2yrs of my whole life im starting to notice they are around my menstral time. how can i prove this u think? :)
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Follow-up: Is it possible for seizures to occur during menstruation only ? 8 minutes later
i tried to tell the doc's why i was having the seizures! they didnt wanna HEAR me!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Are you having seizures every month like a clock work?

If you have noticed an association between you having seizures and menstruation then you can confirm your doubts by taking combined oral pills continuously without giving a pill free period in between for 90 days. If you do not get your regular monthly seizures during this time then it is most likely due to the hormonal changes during the periods.

Usually the monthly seizures are more commonly seen to be associated with full moon.

Please consult your Gynaecologist to confirm the same and to discuss the necessary investigations to undergo and treatment options.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.