Is it possible for me to still get pregnant? Have PCOD. Is the baby at risk?

psod I have psod is it still possible for me to get pregnant? what r my chances. because I think I am now. & is the baby at any risk if I am?

Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant.
The chances of normal ovulation is less from a polycystic ovary. But after adequate treatment a successful ovulation and normal pregnancies have been seen even in bilateral polycystic ovaries.
Kindly consider visiting a Gynaecologist for detailed evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started soon. Once you conceive, it is not likely to affect your baby.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Is it possible for me to still get pregnant? Have PCOD. Is the baby at risk? 29 hours later
I have all the symptoms of pregnancy but a negative test what wrong with me
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If your periods are overdue by more than 5 days and your urine for pregnancy test is negative then chances of pregnancy are rare. You can confirm the same by doing a serum beta HCG evaluation.
The symptoms you are having can be due to hormonal changes due to polycystic ovaries. You need to consult your gynecologist for proper hormonal treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.