Is it possible for blood in a corpse to move from legs to the back if laid down ?

Hi, I'm a writer and here's the question on July 13th of this year a young woman was cut down from noose around her neck where she had presumably hung for three hours. All the lividity was found in her back not her legs which doesnt make sense to me but it has been suggested to me that the blood moved to her back because she was laid out on the grass for some twelve hours after being cut down before the medical examiner arrived. Is that possible for blood in a corpse to move from the legs to the back?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later

When a woman is hung from a noose around her neck, the blood and fluids do accumulate in the most dependent part - legs. Then when she was laid on the ground it is possible that some of the body fluid would have shifted to her back due to the effect of gravity. It is not possible for whole of the blood to shift towards the back. But there are many things which depend on the situation and extent of decomposition of the body.

It is very difficult to assess the situation without actually seeing the circumstances involved.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.