Is it okay to treat fibro with pain medicine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
do u feel its ok to treat fibro with pain meds
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: It needs combined approach to treat fibro. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Fibromyalgia can not be totally cured, you can only minimise symptoms by taking various medications. As you can take amitryptiline and duloxetin or you can start Lyrica (pregabalin) consulting you’re treating doctor. Exercises and stretches plays important role in maintaining symptoms of fibromyalgia. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and tens will help, along with knee exercises. A holistic approach is required, which includes exercises, meditation, SKY [sudarshan XXXXXXX yoga] and acupuncture along with healthy diet and herbs. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Is it okay to treat fibro with pain medicine? 53 minutes later
u didnt answer my question i am asking is it normal to get paim meds for the break thru pain . i alreasy take lryic 300 mgs a day and zanaflex , but i am taking at leasr 10 tynaol a day

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes it is normal Detailed Answer: Hello again Yes it is normal to treat fibro with pain medication. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.