Is it okay to give 6 year old droxyl for swollen gums?

Doctor, my son( 6 yrs-13 kg) has swollen gums and doctor prescribed droxyl 250 dt 3times a day. Is it okay to give him the tabs as concern is that the tab is not paedeatric
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Though the tablet would not have specified as pediatric, the dosage prescribed of 250 mg is correct for children of that age group. However, whether it is really needed for the swollen gums depends on physical examination which should be decided by the doctor who did physical. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: Wish you good health!