Is it ok to take apple cider vinegar daily if i have atrial fibrillation?

I would like to take XXXXXXX cider vinegar daily - about 3 tablespoons. I have atrial fibrillation and am on a lot of meds such as digoxin, warfarin, potassium, furosedmide, diltiazam and vasotec. Do I need to worry.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will try to provide you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

As far as interactions between XXXXXXX cider vinegar and the medications what you are taking. I do not know of any published interactions. I would however refrain from taking the vinegar tablets around the time that you take any of your other medications. The reason I say this is because the acidic component of the XXXXXXX cider tablets may affect the way the other medications are absorbed.

I would also like to know from you the reason why you are planning on taking the XXXXXXX cider tablets. I have read in the past regarding some of the possible benefits of this supplement but I would like to know directly from you if somebody has recommended this for some particular reason.

Again I do not see a problem in taking this supplement along with your other medications as long as you stagger the dosing of these so there is no direct interaction.

I thank you for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert.