Is it normal to notice white stringy substance after urination?
User rating for this question
Hello, for two weeks I have been experiencing frequent urge to urinate constantly. I just recently went to a urologist who did not find anything abnormal with my urine or blood work, and diagnosed me with over active bladder and prescribed medication to help with the urge. My question is the next day I started to notice some white stringy substance after I urinate that I did not notice before I went to the doctor. Is that normal to see that
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not likely to be normal Detailed Answer: Hi, What you have reported does not sound normal, and in the context of your symptoms for the previous two weeks, it looks as if you could be having an inflammation of prostate or urethra. In such a scenario, the urine examination might show pus cells, but often the culture will be negative despite presence of micro-organisms. You could actually get a lab of a good hospital to examine the stringy ropy secretions and culture that too if necessary. What you most likely will require is antibiotics. The medication that your doctor prescribed for over active bladder might have to be continued for symptomatic relief, but eventually two to three months of anti-bacterial therapy might be required before you become totally asymptomatic. Over active bladder would be a diagnosis we apply more commonly in women, though it does not mean that men should not have it. When such symptoms are seen in men, we are likely to find some cause for the clinical features such as an infection or kidney stones making their way down the urinary tract. Hope I have been able to help you.
People also viewed
- White stringy substance in urine sample
- Can menstrogen terminate 1month pregnancy
- How much kg can endura mass gain weight in 1month?
- 1month use duphaston drugs now pregnant, any effect in the fetus these drugs
- What is the treatment for the chronic prostatitis and nausea
- Suggest treatment for swollen urethra inspite of using lotion
- Decapeptyle injections from day 18 for ivf
- Diagnosed with cardiomyapathy and renal cyst
- Should i be concerned for the attached urine analysis report
- Endometrial stripe thickness 1cm pregnancy
- Does hapdol 15mg affect urination as a side effect
- White substance in urine after pooping
- Noticed stringy white stuff after urination what is this
- White stringy substance in urine men
- Thin white stringy substance in male urine