Is it normal to have waist pain after cesarean delivery?

My wife is having pen in her waist after her cesarean delivery in January 2013. she is taking pain relief medince every after 1 or 2 days.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later
Brief Answer: needs further evaluation Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX It is not recommended to take painkillers often and for long duration. Your wife's Cesarean section was in January 2013. It is December now. This pain is unlikely to be related to the C section. I would suggest that she is evaluated further for this waist pain. Probably an X-ray of the lower back initially, would help. Please consult an orthopedician and proceed further with the investigations. I would suggest that she not take pain killers this often as it is not good for health, and causes long term consequences. Hope this helps you. Regards,