Is it normal to have tremors in my colon?

I am 62 yr old woman. I'm having what feels like tremors in my colon close to my anus. I feel them particularly when I'm sitting and not really any other time. It's a small vibrating feel that intermittent. I can control somewhat by tightening core muscles or syphincter (sp) muscle but they still come. Very annonying while sitting all day in chair. Vibration feels strong enough that I can almost feel in chair I'm sitting but think that may by imaginary. No other health problems.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later

The vibratory feelings that you are having are actually the muscle fasciculations.
These happen due to the overstimulation of the muscles in that area due to a neurological signal.
The cause of neural stimulation might be a disc prolapse or inflammation of sacrococcygeal joint. Both the conditions can only be ruled out with the help of your orthopaedician after some tests like MRI of the spine.

Till the time you get an appointment some general measures might be of help like-
1. Avoid sitting on a hard surface.
2. While resting, keep a pillow under your knees if it doesn't bother you.
3. Avoid lifting heavy objects.
4.Do back strengthening exercises.
5.Improvise your posture while sitting.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.