Is it normal to have swollen supraclavical lymph nodes while suffering from celiac disease?

i am a 39 yr old female. i am relatively healthy although i have been diagnosed with celiac disease. recently my supraclavical lymph nodes are swollen. puffy not hard but egg shaped puffy lumps on both side of my neck. should i be concerned about this.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: A physical examinations&further tests are needed.. Detailed Answer: Hi, The swollen supraclavicular lymphnodes that you have could be because of: - local infection (of lymph-nodes or the nearby organs,e.g. breasts, lungs) - chest problems (infection or other masses in your lungs, neck, breasts or even tummy) Infections are easily detected as they are associated with fever or recent flu or common cold symptoms. Infection is easily treated with antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs including paracetamol/ibuprofen,etc. If you have not had a recent flu or common cold, then, I'd suggest to consult a physician as soon as possible to rule out masses in your chest, neck or abdomen. I'd also suggest to : - do chest x-ray and/or ct-scan - can do self-check of your breasts and the lymph-nodes under your armpits - report to your physician every complains or unusual symptoms you might have been experiencing recently. All the best my dear! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up!