Is it normal to have swollen stomach and pain around my belly button post robotic hysterectomy ?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I had robotic hysterectomy 6weeks ago. My uriters were wrapped around both ovaries and endometriosis caused my uterus to attach to my colon and spread to rectum. It was fully taken out vaginaly and fixed all the damage. As on yesterday my stomach is swollen and extremely pain around my belly button. I'm thinking herna it's pulsing and hard to stand up. Very tender to touch. I've healed and off work 6 weeks now. It worries me out of nowhere it hurts. Any other symptoms or reasons ?? Thank u so much for listening. ;)
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs emergency review by Surgeon Detailed Answer: Hi. If the swelling and pain is in a scar , it may be a hernia. There can be a partial obstruction in the intestine( although rare). With this, one may have nausea and vomiting. You must really rush to ER as immediate intervention may be needed. Stop taking anything orally. Please do not push and manipulate on our own.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have swollen stomach and pain around my belly button post robotic hysterectomy ? 27 minutes later
thank u so much this is very helpful. I am having trouble going and had to help myself earlier. just lots of pressure. I will go if I start throwing up. I am nauseas but not the worse part just pain. and swelling. I have allergies to dairy and gluten which make me sick I stay far away from food I can't have. I found it odd I couldn't go to the bathroom easily. thanks again. so with hernias do they mimic other areas that could be causing pain?? I have fluid in my left hip (lower back). exactly on my bone. I also have fibrimyolgia and osteoarthritis if that makes it easier. well I appreciate your getting back to me and help ;). XXXXXXX but its exactly where I was cut in my belly button and actually when I tried to go it started hurting more in that area.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please do not wait till vomiting. Detailed Answer: Hi. Other problems you just mentioned may not be linked to your present one. If the pain is exactly at the cut portion ( incision), please go to the Hospital. As i say do not take anything orally ( nil orally), do not press on the area. Be in a lying down and relaxed position ( no strain on the abdominal muscles. Wish you a early recovery. We will be happy to know your progress.