Is it normal to have swollen neck and itchy bumps on face after having pixel laser done ?

I had pixel laser to my face/neck 36 hours ago. Now I have hard, raised, itchy bumps on my face (especially neck) and my neck glands are extremely swollen (not hot). Is this normal?

I was using Aquaphor as prescribed. Face is still red from the laser and slightly hot to touch - nothing abnormal. I stopped using the Aquaphor as I felt it was causing some of the irritation to the skin - very thick gel.

The bumps look more like a heat rash or skin infection than anything else and itch like a rash (not the healing type itch). The lymph nodes in front of my ears, below my ears and directly below my chin are semi hard and very swollen (painful to touch, but no pain otherwise). No fever. No extreme redness.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later

Pixel laser treatment can cause the skin changes like rashes, redness, sunburn like appearance of skin, etc. But all these changes are reversible and the skin comes back to normal in 2 weeks.

The lymph node swelling is also expected due to the treatment and is quite normal to happen.

However, a fine needle aspiration cytology done for the nodes will confirm the diagnosis.

Painful neck glands are mostly indicative of an infection and you might need a course of broad spectrum antibiotics fro the treatment.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.