Is it normal to have swollen eyes and yellow scabs below my eyebrow after an eyebrow waxing ?

Four days after an eyebrow waxing, my eyes (under the brow and lids) are still very swollen and yellow scabs below the brow. How can I relieve the swelling before a big meeting this afternoon. I have tried lanocane, neosporin, a cutting from my aloe plant and ice in a baggie wrapped in a napkin with no luck.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergic skin reaction Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. You seem to have developed an allergic reaction initially which has got infected now. You should apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin or fusidic acid over the affected area twice a day. Do not apply any other cream. You can however use cold compresses. In addition, take some oral antihistamines like benadryl regularly to bring down the associated swelling. I am sure this will help. Do not apply things like dettol or savlon over the affected area. Also it would be great if I can have a look at the exact skin lesions. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesion and upload them here on this page. I am sure I will be able to help you more once I have a look at it. Dr Geetika Paul