Is it normal to have straining bowel movements with brown discharge during pregnancy?

I was straining to have a BM on Saturday with little success. I am 7 weeks pregnant with our first child. I went to wipe my vagina and had a small brown stringing discharge and totally panic. I am having no cramping and have not had anything since. Should I be scared? My next OB appointment is January 3rd.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: ultrasound abdomen and uterus and gyno review Detailed Answer: Hi Lstri........, Welcome to healthcare Magic! If the stools were hard then the source may be anorectal and you should ensure hydration and take stool softeners as required. If you are pretty sure that the source is vaginal then there may be trouble with the pregnancy because straining should not cause vaginal ooze. Please get examined by a local gynecologist and get an ultrasound for fetal wellbeing. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!