Is it normal to have straining bowel movements with brown discharge during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
I was straining to have a BM on Saturday with little success. I am 7 weeks pregnant with our first child. I went to wipe my vagina and had a small brown stringing discharge and totally panic. I am having no cramping and have not had anything since. Should I be scared? My next OB appointment is January 3rd.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: ultrasound abdomen and uterus and gyno review Detailed Answer: Hi Lstri........, Welcome to healthcare Magic! If the stools were hard then the source may be anorectal and you should ensure hydration and take stool softeners as required. If you are pretty sure that the source is vaginal then there may be trouble with the pregnancy because straining should not cause vaginal ooze. Please get examined by a local gynecologist and get an ultrasound for fetal wellbeing. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
People also viewed
- White retromolar pad
- Precautions taken during high cholestrol
- Reasons for vulvodynia
- Discharge after bowel movement during pregnancy
- Pink discharge after bowel movement during pregnancy
- Discharge with bowel movement during pregnancy
- Spinal shock syndrome
- Thyroid tumor uterus
- Post operative cholesystectomy problems
- Bleeding during bowel movement pregnancy
- Red swollen urethra
- Green discharge after bowel movement during pregnancy
- With statins reduce cholestrol lumps on eyelids
- Cholestrol mark above eye
- Cholestrol eggs white poop