Is it normal to have spotting and cramping post hysteroscopy polypectomy?

hello, i have done hysteroscopy polypectomy 19 days ago and I'm stil spotting little bit and have some cramping in lower abdomen, I feel little bit anxious, is that ok with spotting and cramping? i 'm waiting for my period as well ,
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: From what you are saying, I am assuming that they removed polyps but did nothing else in terms of the uterine lining (i.e. they were preserving fertility). After a polypectomy, it would not be unusual to have some light spotting over the subsequent month. This should, however, not be something that is getting worse over time. With regard to your period, it is likely that you will eventually get a period, though it might be slightly delayed and it also might not be a "normal" period. In other words, things might be a little confusing over the 1-2 months after the procedure. In any case, what you are describing sounds normal, but it should slowly be getting better over time. I hope that this helps and good luck!