Is it normal to have shortness of breath and coughing with bronchitis?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I just had bronchitis am trying to quitsmoking as well I have shortness of breath and coughing is this normal
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. These are typical symptoms of bronchitis and recovery may last for up to 7 days. You dont have to be worried,but also if this is significant, you should use bronchodilatative inhalations which will improve your breathing and lung function. You can use it constantly or just during cough attacks. Of course, smoking is the main trigger for bronchitis so it should be definitely stopped. If there is chest pain and fever associated with shortness of breath,you should visit doctor and start with antibiotics since it may indicate pneumonia. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards