Is it normal to have scratchy throat after influenza exposure?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi I was exposed to influenza on Tuesday at 4pm...this morning I am mildly achy and have a scratchy throat and just dont feel up to "snuff"...I am 64 and have not had the flu shot...what should I do? XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Nothing special. It still may not be flu. It can be just mild throat irritation, but even if this is a flu you should treat it at home as usual. It seems like you dont have some serious diseases which may aggravate flu infection and be harmful for your general health. Also, there is no purpose of vacciantion now. So just drink plenty o fluids, warm teas, vitamin c, nose irrigators and rest. If there is fever more than 39C, coughing with breathing difficulties or signs of dehydration,then you should visit doctor. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards