Is it normal to have redness, stinging, tenderness and peeling skin after photodynamic therapy?

I had photodynamic therapy on my face last Thursday. This is the sixth day. My face is still very red, stinging, peeling some and the skin under the peeling is very tender. Is this normal?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Skin allergic reaction Detailed Answer: Hi See such a reaction is quite common addict sitting of photodynamic therapy. The only thing is that the reaction seems to be a bit exacerbated in your case. I hope you are not applying any harsh face cleansers or things like dettol or savlon. Also avoid using any oils or creams over it. You can take oral antihistamines kilo benadryl for two to three days to reduce the associated allergic Skin reaction. In addition, you can apply a mild topical steroid cream like cortisone over the face twice a day for two to three day's. This will help in rapid skin healing. Dr Geetika Paul