Is it normal to have pelvic floor pains during pregnancy?

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I am having pevlic floor pains is that normal
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 days later
Brief Answer: It can be a normal finding. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The mild amount of lower abdomen and pelvic floor pains are normally associated with pregnancy. This happens due to the raised levels of progesterone during the pregnancy that causes the loosening of the ligaments and the joints. If the pain is not colicky or there is no associated vaginal spotting, there is no need to worry. Taking adequate rest and a mild pain killer like acetaminophen will help in alleviating this pain. Please do not worry. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.