Is it normal to have lumps on left testicles persistent for 2 years ?

Hi im 16 and ive had a ton of little lumos in my left testicle for about 2 years wondering if its anything serious or will it go away or if im just freaking out over nothing...please answer
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later
Hi Rileytate,

Thanks for posting your query

Lumps in the testicle can be due to various reasons as cysts,warts,injury,torsion ,mumps, hydrocoele.

To answer you better i would like to know the following details.

1.Have you had any previous lumps?
2.Do you have any pain?
3.Does the lump change in size?
4.Have you had any injuries or infections 2 yrs ago ?
5.Do you have abdominal pain?
6.Do you have any lumps or swelling anywhere else?
7.Have you ever had surgery on your testicles or in the area?
8.Were you born with both testicles in the scrotum?

Since it has been a long time these lumps are present I will suggest you to get them examined once by your Primary Physician.

A USG scan would be the best option to rule out cause.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up
Follow-up: Is it normal to have lumps on left testicles persistent for 2 years ? 23 minutes later
I havnt had any previous has only recently been giving me pain/discomfort and i had no injuries 2 years ago....i have never had any surgeries and i was born with both testicals....when im in the shower is when i can really feel the lumps it feels like a big one with little ones attached but when im not in the shower it doesnt feel like theres any bumps it just feels like theres something in there but not hard...hope that helps
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 35 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up

According to the detailed history provided it does not seem to be anything serious but as explained that the pain has started now it can be indicative of any cyst that contains dead cells or infection.

The best time to self examine the testes is after a warm shower as during that time scrotum is in relaxed position.

Hold it in your hand and gently use your fingers to feel the lumps if any.

I would again insist that it would be best to get it physically examined once by a Primary Physician as clinical examination is quite important in this case.

Wishing you Good health!
Thanks for your help ill get it checked it out
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 12 minutes later

Thanks again

I assume it to be nothing serious.But better to get examined once.

Take Care!