Is it normal to have lower back spasms post hysterectomy?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: BACKACHE IS NORMAL FOR 4 - 6 WEEKS POST OP Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. For upto 4 - 6 weeks after hysterectomy, some amount of pain and discomfort is common. Lower back pain and spasms might be more common and ' normal ' particularly if you had spinal anesthesia for surgery. Also, since you haemorrhaged a few weeks ago, you might be mobilizing about just a couple of days back. Hence, on being up and about, you do feel lower back pain and pain in the pelvic area for a few days. As long as you are not having bleeding / intractable continuous pain / dizziness and fainting, you should not worry. Would you tell me what was the indication for surgery, how was it done ( open or laparoscopic or robotic or vaginal ? ), the reason for the post operative haemorrhage, and the subsequent management - these could shed more light on your post operative course. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have lower back spasms post hysterectomy? 25 hours later
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello again. Was the repeat surgery also laparoscopic ? And are the spasms better by now.. they should be. Take care.
People also viewed
- Lower back spasm
- Lower back spasms after chemo
- Late periods took tablets had unprotected sex pregnant
- Post partum back spasms
- Abstinence bleeding after sex was painful what is the reason
- Mild cramps bloating in pelvic area ovulation
- Why is my five year old tired all of the time
- Had safe sex used condoms getting stomach pain pregnant
- Tooth abcess caused by trauma whiplash
- Excessive bleeding hysterectomy surgery done on lupron injections healing time
- Cause of lower back spasms
- Severe back spasms lower back
- Throat hurts and running a slight fever
- Will hair grow back after scalp acne
- Will anything happen if i hit my head while pregnant