Is it normal to have liquid oozing out from barthlion cyst even after surgery?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had a barthlion cyst op in November and been left with the feeling of thrush,doctor has given me every tablet and cream that's out there,now had a look and there is oozing coming out of where I was cut in the op,is this an infection.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: If this is clear fluid oozing then this is normal and it may last for 6-8 weeks postoperatively. If there is pussy or bloody discharge associated with pain,redness around it or fever then it indicates wound complication and reoperation may be necessary if antibiotics arent efficient. In Barthlion cyst there is a tendency for the cyst or abscess to recur so you should be patient and if there is no improvement,you should do more radical surgical procedure such as marsupielisation or complete excision. All in all,try with antibiotic creams and frequent showering for 1 week and if there is no improvement or those signs I ve mentioned occur,you should visit gynaecologist. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards