Is it normal to have light cramping and clot like bleeding post Mysosure procedure for fibroid removal?

May 2014

Hello! I had a d&c (diagnostic, not a miscarriage) and a Mysosure procedure to remove a fibroid four days ago. I am still experiencing light cramping and bleeding with some liver-like clots. Is this normal?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cramping pain/ slight reddish discharge is normal Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. Mild cramping and few clots after Myosure procedure are acceptable. Reddish or brownish vaginal discharge is normal for few days after procedure. If you have any of the following symptoms then you must contact your doctor. 1. A fever higher than 100.4°F (38°C) 2. Worsening pelvic pain that is not relieved by ibuprofen (pain reliever) or other prescribed medicine 3. Nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, dizziness Bowel or bladder problems 4. A greenish vaginal discharge (reddish, yellowish, or brownish is normal) Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek