Is it normal to have light brown discharge in urine during 5 1/2 weeks of pregnancy ?

Hi, i am currently 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and i have light brown stuff coming out when i pee.. is that normal?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 5 hours later

No, its not normal. I would like to know here whether you had any abdominal pain, fever and burning sensation while passing urine.

If you had fever and burning micturation it can be bleeding from vagina it could be threatened abortion.

You have to get your urine examination, ultrasound of abdomen and blood picture done after discussing with your doctor. You can mail me reports at YYYY@YYYY with the subject:ATTN:Dr. Minoo Bhagia as this would help me in suggesting you better. Please confirm mailing of reports by writing back here as to reply you at the earliest.

If it is a case of abortion ultrasound will pick up whether you had complete or incomplete abortion. If it is a case of incomplete abortion you may have to visit a Gynaecologist and get D&E done.

If it turns out be urinary tract infection, a course of antibiotics will help.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards.