Is it normal to have less pregnancy symptoms until 14th week?

Mar 2013
Hi Doc , I am 14 wks pregannt today, how do i make myself assured that my baby is fine, i see very less pregnancy symptoms now, no morning sickness also. I got my scan done on 18 th nov everything was ok, but now its been 10 days how do i make sure my baby is doing good.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NOTHING TO WORRY. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thank you for writing in with your health concern. I will be most happy to assist you with it. At 14 weeks, most women will experience a significant improvement in the morning sickness. ALso, this is typically the ' best ' and ' easiest ' phase of pregnancy, as you will have very few symptoms and complaints. Only later on in the third trimester will you experience significant weight gain, abdominal distension, heartburn, pedal edema etc. So it is natural for you to worry about not feeling anything much. Do not worry, it is perfectly normal to be asymptomatic right now. At this phase of the pregnancy, the most reliable way to ensure fetal well being is by regular obstetric check ups every 2 - 3 weeks, and having the scans as advised. As your 18 week scan was normal, do not stress out. Just have regular antenatal check ups as advised by your doctor, the pregnancy will be monitored clinically now for the coming weeks, until the next scan is up. Also, you will start feeling fetal movements after 20 - 22 weeks. Keeping a tab on baby's movements is a method you can practise to monitor fetal well being on your own. Do not worry, as everything is progressing normally. Sit back, and enjoy the relatively trouble free second trimester , while it lasts ! All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.