Is it normal to have late periods after taking mtp kit?

hello dr. i had conceived on 9 nov and my menstural date was 18 nov. i missed my periods. i had tried for pregnancy urine test at home. i got positive result. after dat i taken mtp kit. but no bleeding was started. after dat i missed my second period. and i did pregnancy urine test again at home in between 3 times. and i got negative test. please tell me what should i do?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please get expert help at once. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I presume that you had tried to abort yourself through self-medication. If it is so, you should immediately get help from a specialist, get a trans-vaginal sonogram to see the status of the pregnancy and get further management. Self-medication without proper dosage adjustment based on the period of gestation and without locating the intrauterine sac can lead to incomplete abortion, infection and bleeding, failed abortion and consequently the pregnancy may continue with the risk of congenital malformations owing to the teratogeneic nature of the drugs taken for inducing abortion. The presence of persistent negative pregnancy tests suggests that the pregnancy may have become missed consequent to the medication and the absence of any signs of emptying of the uterus like pain or bleeding could be due either to inadequate dosage or non-reactive uterus. It can be confirmed through examination and a sonogram, preferably trans-vaginal. Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.