Is it normal to have itching all over my body with high sugar count?

i am a 81 year old lady. do have a high sugar count but only take pill for it. in last month i have had a continuis itch all over body. no rash. just itch all the time. even eyes and scalp. can you help me. i am using gold body spray and it does help for short time. itfching is mostly on arms. thanks
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: peripheral neuropathy or drug reaction Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Abnormal sensation is a common thing in diabetes. This happens due to involvement of nerves and is termed as peripheral neuropathy. Another possibility is a change in drug. Even a change in brand of drug may cause drug reaction leading to itch. Please get your blood sugar levels checked and let me know the report. Also let me know if there is a change in medication. For now take anti histamine tablet like levo cetrizine. This will control itch. Thank you