Is it normal to have intercourse while taking fertyl tablet?

Hello We had intercourse while taking fertyl tablet because it is a course of 5 days tablet and doctor told us in this 5 days we are not supposed to do intercourse Please advise me is this is XXXXXXX if we have intercourse while taking fertyl tablet
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Absolutely no risk, danger or side effects Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I am guessing you have been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, and are trying to conceive; which is why your doctor has advised you to take fertyl (i.e. the active ingredient clomiphene). There are no side effects of having intercourse while taking fertyl tablets, the only reason why sexual intercourse is advised after the last day of taking the pill is because ovulation is expected to begin after the 5th day on the pill. Making you most fertile after completion of the 5-day course. The best instructions would be to have sexual intercourse every alternate day after the 5th day of the pill. But as for side effects or ill-effects of having intercourse while on the pill, there are none ma'am. This is not XXXXXXX in any possible way. I hope this information is clear and helps clear your query. I wish you all the luck you need for your successful conception. Also, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. God bless.