Is it normal to have increased HCG level after a frozen embryo transfer?

Mar 2013
Hello I had a frozen embryo transfer on 26th october. My HCG level on 11th November was 232, on 21st november it was 476 and on 3rd Decmber it is 505. What does is indicate?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: IMPENDING MISCARRIAGE LIKELY. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Between 21st November and 3rd December ( 13 days ), your B HCG level hardly XXXXXXX at all. This is most highly suggestive of a failed pregnancy ( impending miscarriage ). What level maturity of embryo had been transferred in your case ? Also please provide me your LMP ( last menstrual period ). At 6 weeks of pregnancy, a vaginal ultrasound scan should show a gestational sac with an embryo showing a definitive heartbeat. Has an ultrasound scan been done in your case ? Going by the information provided, just based on the HCG levels, it is indicative of a failed pregnancy, which would require termination. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.