Is it normal to have headache and feel shaky while pregnant?

Question
hi i'm 28 this is my 2nd baby had pre eclampsia with the first. i'm now 33 weeks pregnant and today ive been feeling very faint, shaky and have got headache, had my blood pressure done on monday and it was fine
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. Since you had a history of preeclampsia in your previous pregnancy and now having headaches and feeling a bit shaky, it is better to get an evaluation done from a gynecologist and get your blood pressure monitored once again. Headaches, changes in vision and raised BP on two occasions 6 hours apart are often the symptoms of preeclampsia.

If the BP comes normal then other causes can be thought of. Headaches during the third trimester can be due to poor posture and tension from carrying extra weight, stress, lack of sleep, dehydration and caffeine withdrawal. So these causes also need to be checked.

Rest in a dark room and practice XXXXXXX breathing and apply a warm or cool compress to your forehead or the base of your skull. Also eat smaller, more frequent meals and make time for naps in your day. Also if possible, get a massage therapy to release tension in the muscles of the neck, shoulders, and back.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.