Is it normal to have foot drop when suffering from lupus?

Throughout the last two decades I have been told that I have Lupus, FM, CFS, & a hand full of other illnesses. I have had one surgery, one foot drop, & nerve damage. I now have a toe that is in terrible pain, as if it may fall off. My uric acid is at 3.6. I have seen a number of doctors all over the place. Along with tried so many things that I've begun to lose all hope. I have a Masters in Education & feel as if I can't recall a thing. I long to have my life back. I have become a prisoner within my body. The fatigue is so bad that I can hardly drive my kids to school. Not sure what to do or where to turn. I've even had ALA IV drips done & tried the natural approach. Any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that since you are suffering from lupus , it is possible that you can be having Anti phospholipid syndrome that may lead to obstruction of digital blood flow . Gout with lupus is very unlikely but even if it is there uric acid level may not be raised at the time of attack . For that an X ray needs to be taken to see if erosions are there . Anyhow gout is extremely rare in young females . You need to be examined in person to see what is going on . You will need to see a rheumatologist for this . Rest all features like forgetfullness and fatigue can be due to fibromyalgia or even due to lupus itself . You need to be put on steroids for that . Plus a CPK needs to be done to rule out muscle involvement . Take care. Dr. Shruti