Is it normal to have dry throat while suffering from cold and sneezing?
User rating for this question
I have cold and sore throat... when I woke up this morning my throat was full dry and it was kind of paining while swallowing. Have sneezing and pain in throat. feels better when I drink hot water and tea. Is it normal that the throat was dry and paining? I had to gargle for a long time to clean the throat as there was lot of mucus. Please help.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 48 hours later
Brief Answer: take antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX You have sore throat .That could be because of -- -Nasal infection leading to the throat infection . -throat infection -Acid reflux It will be better if you take a course of antibiotics and decongestant tablet like sinarest you took . I prescribe azithromycin for my patients.Also do XXXXXXX warm saline gargle as it gives soothing effect. If you have previous history of similar complaints and/ or you have recurrent episodes of nasal infections then you need to consult an ENT specialist for getting examined and also getting done a CT scan of nose and paranasal sinuses to see for any nasal infection which drips down the throat and causes irritation. For acidity take antacids. In doubt do reply.
People also viewed
- Clearing eustachian tubes safely
- Clear fluid draining from ear
- Runny smelly ear wax cheese
- Cottage cheese mucus nasal
- Clear discharge no period
- How to clear sinuses quickly
- Constant dry throat cold feet
- Sneezing sore throat and pain no cold reason for pain
- Swollen cheeks with tonsilitis
- Swolen tongue and cheeks
- Sore throat swollen cheek
- How to clean your veins
- Extremely dry throat zinc cold
- Common cold no sneezing swollen throat
- Cold legs and dry throat