Is it normal to have dry throat while suffering from cold and sneezing?

ENT Specialist
I have cold and sore throat... when I woke up this morning my throat was full dry and it was kind of paining while swallowing. Have sneezing and pain in throat. feels better when I drink hot water and tea. Is it normal that the throat was dry and paining? I had to gargle for a long time to clean the throat as there was lot of mucus. Please help.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 48 hours later
Brief Answer: take antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX You have sore throat .That could be because of -- -Nasal infection leading to the throat infection . -throat infection -Acid reflux It will be better if you take a course of antibiotics and decongestant tablet like sinarest you took . I prescribe azithromycin for my patients.Also do XXXXXXX warm saline gargle as it gives soothing effect. If you have previous history of similar complaints and/ or you have recurrent episodes of nasal infections then you need to consult an ENT specialist for getting examined and also getting done a CT scan of nose and paranasal sinuses to see for any nasal infection which drips down the throat and causes irritation. For acidity take antacids. In doubt do reply.