Is it normal to have brown discharge with blocked tubes?
User rating for this question
Well for the last 6 years had a brown discharge about 4 days after my period and the discharge lasts for about 3 days. My tubes are blocked so that is what I just assumed that was causing discharge. The discharge stops and then doesn't start until after next cycle. I am going in for a pap smear but wanted to see if this is normal due to my tubes being blocked
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Maybe this is just your normal menstrual pattern now. If the spotting and discharge have been constantly 4 days after your period every month, it is a regular pattern. It would have been worrisome if the spotting and discharge varied through the cycle, or you had pain and cramps alongwith. That might have pointed towards endometrial hyperplasia, endometriosis, or a fibroid or cyst. Sometimes, stress, late nights, erratic eating, weight gain, smoking, drinking, drugs, radiation, ingestion of hormonal medications, travelling , anxiety - all can cause spotting. It is wise to plan a Pap smear, however, also ensure that you get a pelvic transvaginal scan, a thorough internal evaluation ( per vaginum and per speculum ) and thyroid levels checked also. THat would be a comprehensive workup. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have brown discharge with blocked tubes? 2 minutes later
I don't ever have cramps or pain. If it was an infection or cancer, would I see changes in this?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes, if it was infectious , there would be pain, burning, difficulty in intercourse, itching, redness. If it was cancer, you would have heavy bleeding, purulent discharge, distension, feeling of heaviness, weight loss etc. It is least likely to be one of those.
People also viewed
- Pcos laparoscopy to unblock tubes brown mucus discharge normal
- Hitting cervix during intercourse bleeding
- Will donating plasma cause nose bleeds
- Can falling down cause vaginal bleeding
- Is it normal to have tiny bit of brown discharge as a monthly
- Period normal and tube block
- How to stop having the feeling of having to pee at night
- Has any one treated by loestrin 24 fe for polycystic ovary syndrome
- Can vaginal dryness cause vaginal bleeding
- Can a slipped disc cause vaginal bleeding
- Free hymen burst
- Is it normal to have brown discharge with blocked tubes
- Follicle study ultrasound for 28 days cycle
- Hcg diet causing menstrual bleeding
- Have blocked uterus and tubes but normal periods help