Is it normal to have blood in semen after an angiogram?

Cardiologist, Interventional
is it normal to have blood in semen after an angiogram (performed at waist level). I notices some traces of blood in my semen 7 days after perfoming an angiogram. Did I have sex too soon
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 17 hours later

It's not a usual occurrence. And also angiogram cannot be the causal relation. It could be due to medicines that might have been the reason or it could just be minor trauma.

Regarding timing of sex, we generally advice after 48hrs unless it contraindicated by under laying diagnosis such as myocardial infarction (heart attack) or heart failure, where we may advice one to two weeks of abstinence. Not because of bleeding but because of fatigue and effort intolerance.

I don't see any reason to be concerned unless it persists. Also I would like to know if you are on anticoagulants.

If need be you may please get back to me with reason for angiogram and all the medicines you are taking.