Is it normal to have a low abdominal ache after vaginal hysterectomy?

is it normal to have a low abdominal ache after vaginal hysterectomy? (Davinci surgery). Most of the pain of the incisions has gone but I have this annoying ache. I cut back on the Tylenol and stopped the pain pills but cant get rid of this feeling. My bowels are moving fine and I pee great. I had surgery on Tuesday and this is now Sunday. Total hysterectomy with tubes, ovaries, cervix removed through the vagina. Is my vagina just sore from going through all this? It is a central ache that I now have.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. It is normal. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. After a vaginal hysterectomy it is normal to have a lower abdominal ache for 2-3 weeks. It takes some time for the internal stitches to heal. It is right now too early to stop all the pain pills. The discomfort will gradually decrease as the internal surgical wounds heal. This is a normal finding and you need not worry. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL